Family / Whanau
Family is known as whanau in Aotearoa. Family law covers a vast area of the law including:
- The rights and obligations of adults, children and incapacitated persons;
- Formation and dissolution of relationships;
- Relationship property;
- The abduction from and return to New Zealand of children, or the return to other jurisdictions;
- Care of children;
- The Children, Young Persons and Their Families (CYPFS) Service;
- Education issues;
- Powers of Attorney;
- Protection of personal property; and
- Welfare and Guardianship issues.
It is likely that you, or someone in your family, has been or is being affected by one of the issues listed above. Talk to Rennie Cox to get helpful, strategic advice regarding all of your family law issues.